Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Real Life H(Z)ero?

Do you know when you feel a real hero, a gallant? When you are able to comply the demand of a woman. You can talk big. Stand in front of them with head high. Otherwise you feel like a servant, a thief or a crook. Even you can notice your language changed.

“Can’t find it ma’am.”
What a stare he received? A hysterical look mixed with harsh chiding.
“Couldn’t find?”
“No.”
“where you gone?”
“Almost every store here.”
“Now what?”
“It’s almost 12. Turn off the light and go to sleep.”
“What ‘bout this milk? This huge lot of milk?”

It’s 12 at night. There is a pan of milk in front of them. At one side the husband is scratching his neck. On the other, his wife standing like a kuchipudi dancer with hands resting on her waist. At last she gives the 11th Commandment.
“Drink it.”
“Drink it?”
“Yes drink. Drink all through the night. you want to spoil the money? D’ya know what’s the rate of milk per liter? How difficult it is to manage the budget?”
“that’s right. I’m not at all involved. Only you are.”
“O.K. now drink it.”
“You know the price per liter of milk. Do you know my rate per kilo.If I drink it, I’m ready to give up the ghost. You cannot find me anywhere. You can buy milk—bottle after bottle, packet after packet.But I’m just only one piece. Can’t find a second one after me.”

They know that husband is much more cheaper than the regular necessary things. He is a many-in-one type commodity.

It’s 2 at night....

“Hey, you hear me?”
“Hmm...Tell me? See ghosts somewhere? Trying to seduce you outside the window? What a shameless crook?”
“Stop it! How could I think of a ghost when you are around?”
“Then what?”
“Brought tea-leaf?”
“My God! Remember tea at 2.30 A.M.?”
“Oh yes. Why should you think? It’s my family after all...... You got it or what?”
“No. Forgotten completely.”
“O.K. Get boiled water in the morning. Can’t do anything. Lost everything just for thinking for this family and nothing else.”

This earth keeps on revolving in the space at this hour of midnight. The space has got some problems. Many pairs of sleepless eyes in several places searching space objects over telescopes. People in the lab trying to invent a panacea. Jawans are all awake in the snow-infested fronts in Leh, Ladakh. And here in a 12/12 room a man sitting like an owl, lamenting over not bringing tea-leaf that his wife had commanded !!

Tell me what you can say?

No comments: